Monday, 10 June 2013

Poem of the Sun

This blog has always been very impromptu, for if I spend too long thinking about it then I would never post anything. It was sunny, I was waiting in the sun, there were half clothed pretty women floating about, I wrote a poem, I threw it on my blog. Pretty much all there is to it.

The sun has gone now since I wrote this, so I may take the blame for revelling in the warmth too much. I should probably have written something grey and depressing then it would still be sunny.


Sun flecked skin winks
shyly in the
glinting light.
Soft muscle rolling out in
a tender stretch,
savouring the forgotten warmth.

Eyes bat secretively
behind
dark glasses, a teasing
provocation that
would normally lie dormant
in the cold hibernation.

Fingers touch more often,
desiring of exposure to
reciprocating
sinews that suddenly
ripple with unexpected
poise and sexuality.

The heat pushes pools of sweat
across
thinly veiled skin
and pulls loose cotton
tightly into a fleshy
grasp.

The sun oozes sexuality
through it's
very pores,
feasting its voyeuristic
nature on unwary
men and women.

Sex. Sweat.
That heady pre-coital
smell of intentional
longing,
that gives every shadow
a new texture.





















10 comments:

  1. I really liked that, kind of describes some of my life stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that. I'm reading it while wrapped in a blanket and wearing thick socks because England's summer seems to have disappeared. I blame you for capturing any warmth and sunshine we may have had and pouring it all into this poem leaving me with an overcast and cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You SHOULDN'T be afraid to write or post anything Eoin. You write from inside, from what the world pulls out of you. Don't ever stop. You're writing is emotive and captivating as well as funny at times. Keep it up. We'll be honest with you. Your poem evokes that the sensual experience one gets when they turn their face to the sky, yearning to drenched in summer's lust. Nicely done sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smell of intentional longing...I love it.

    I love reading your posts because your style is so different from mine. Somehow that just makes it somehow surprising and unexpected. Maybe I should try impromptu writing instead of sitting on my keister thinking and overthinking what I write. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image you get is very blissful. I enjoyed the feeling you can get, the feeling of the sun, the comfort of the peace, the warmth filling you.

    Quite well put to capture such a reaction to a beautiful day in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am insanely jealous of your ability to express yourself in writing. Its eloquent and to the point. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sure, Eoin, that you have a great mind. This world is not enough for you because you are a free and white aim, full of creativity and able to see beyond reality.

    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know what else to say except you're still my favorite person who's not family. I'm not entirely sure why, but poems like this that show a little bit of you have something to do with it.

    I'm sure when I finally meet you I'll cry, not because I'm especially happy or sad, but because it will have taken a lot to get there - a completion of a journey that's not entirely made up of miles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was lovely in that longing for something you can't touch sort of way. You're a wonderful writer, and your words pull emotions and feelings from your readers.

    -Voule (@ladyhuntress)

    ReplyDelete