Friday, 9 March 2012

'Michael' Film Review

So here is the second official review I've done for Phoenix Magazine....they may have created an insatiable monster as all I do is watch films and go the pub, in most cinemas nowadays you can do both so....

I'm not going to paste the review on the blog itself cos it looks much prettier on their website and has the trailer and everything....all very swanky....great people to work with, and a genuinely really cool arty magazine. If the magazine was crap I wouldn't do reviews for them, but thankfully I think it's deadly. It helps that they take me seriously for some odd reason. Although I do have a vague feeling in the back of my liver somewhere that they meant asking me as a joke initially and then were too embarrassed to say no when I turned up enthusiastically nodding my tail with a review under one arm and a bag of cats under the other.

http://www.phoenixmag.co.uk/culture/film-review-michael/

7 comments:

  1. Oh please dont be so modest.Am certain they know the best when they see one.Alot of people will agree with me on this.Keep it up,we are expecting more of this.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blurb alone is fantastic. I sometimes wish that Americans would use 'deadly' in the context you have, because it's fabulous. And I agree with Bilkisu, don't be modest. You're awesome. And I swear I am not trying to flirt with you. You know what? No matter what else I say, it's probably going to sound flirty. I have to go read your review of a film I have never seen before I say anything else that might incriminate me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I do have a vague feeling in the back of my liver somewhere that they meant asking me as a joke initially and then were too embarrassed to say no when I turned up enthusiastically nodding my tail with a review under one arm and a bag of cats under the other."--It makes me lol!!! funny expression

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been tryin like crazy to get u follow me on twitter but it dosent seem to be workin.Being a fan of urs,am forced to try this means to ask.Pls,follow me eoin,i want a tweet from u + u are my favourite Merlin knight.tanx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bag of cats. naturally.

    I love your review, but then again, I love reading everything you write. honestly Eoin, you probably get this a lot, but your love for language is seriously reflected in the way you write. you have such a unique style, and whether it's regarding a topic of little interest (to me), or a funny story, i'm always captivated.

    as for the film... I think it sounds brutal, and that may be the reason I see it... or it may be the reason I don't. i'm a huge wuss.

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I could see Michael. Movies about young boys in peril get to me. I still cry like a little girl every time I see A.I., especially that last 10 minutes where his only wish was to spend a day with his Mom. (sigh) Anyway, I liked your review. I have to get working on one for Winter's Bone. Made me want to jump off a bridge but still good.

    Have fun at work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very much like your style. You in the works mention very interesting themes. And what do you think of the Russian cinema?

    ReplyDelete